Tumblr is an ideal platform for your picture and content blog. Previously, people had made numerous blogs related to adult content. And Tumblr hosted them for a very long period. But later, Tumblr changed its policy regarding adult content and removed all blogs related to pornography. So, these were some rants about Tumblr. Let’s talk about the topic of this post, which is the way to delete Tumblr account. Yes, I will tell you how to delete Tumblr account. After reading this post, you will be able to delete Tumblr account permanently. So, you must keep reading to find out more.
Some Facts About Tumblr
Before going to the actual process of deleting your account, let’s know somethings about Tumblr.
- There are more than 163 million blogs and 72 million posts on Tumblr.
- 31% of all visitors come from the US, which is about 41250000 users.
- The average user of the Tumblr visits 62 pages per month.
- The popular age category is from 18 to 29 years.
- 35% of Tumblr visitors earn more than $50000 per year.
- The average visit time on Tumblr for a user is 14c minutes, which is greater than Facebook and other social media platforms.
There has been one successful marriage proposal on Tumblr.
Are you using POF and wanna delete its account? here's complete guide to delete POF account
The consequences to delete your Tumblr account
If you choose to delete Tumblr account, then the following things will happen.
- Your primary blog will be deleted with all data.
- All your secondary blogs will also be deleted.
- You will no longer access your posts.
- You will no longer access your uploaded images.
- You will lose all followers.
- You will lose all monetization procedures.
So, you must back up your data before deleting your account.
Are you using Cougar Life? and wanna delete its account? here's a complete guide to delete cougar life account
Backing up Tumblr data
The steps to back up your Tumblr data are described below.
- Open your computer and connect to the internet.
- Open the web browser and go to Tumblr.com.
- Sign in to your account by entering the username and password.
- You must access the privacy dashboard.
- Then, scroll down to “download your data.”
- After that, click on the “Request a download.”
- Now, select all the data for the download.
- Then, you must click the “next” button, and enter your email address for the notification from Tumblr.
- It will take up to 30 days for your data to be ready for download.
- When you get the notification from Tumblr, revisit the privacy dashboard.
- And scroll down to “your download requests.”
- Your data will be downloaded in JSON format.
- So, you must secure the data on your computer for future use.
You must delete secondary blogs before removing your account from Tumblr.
Are you also looking for guide to delete imvu account? here's a guide to delete imvu account
How to delete secondary blogs on Tumblr?
The steps to delete secondary blogs are below.
- Sign in to your Tumblr account.
- Then, click on the “settings” button from the dashboard.
- Choose a blog you want to delete.
- Click on the “Delete Blog” button on the bottom of the page.
- Your secondary blog will be deleted.
- This way, you can delete all your secondary blogs.
Also check: How to delete Ashley Madison account
How To Delete Tumblr Account: Step by step guide
All the steps are below.
Step 1: Sign in to your Tumblr account
The website will require you to use two-factor authentication. That’s why you have to enter the code sent by SMS to your mobile phone.
Step 2: Account button and settings
You must click on the “Account” button and select “settings.”
Step 3: Scroll down
You must scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the “Delete account.”
Step 4: Confirm your action
The next screen will ask you for surety, and you need to enter your email address and password. If you have double authentication, then you must enter the code sent to your mobile device. Then click “Delete Everything.”
Step 5: Agree with terms and services policy
You need to click on the “Accept” button after reading the terms and services policy.
Step 6: Wait for the confirmation screen
After the successful delete, the following screen will appear.
Wanna delete spotify account? here's a guide to delete spotify account
We have told you the steps to delete Tumblr account. Now, you are able to do so. But keep one thing in mind. You cannot delete your account through a mobile device. It can only be done through a computer.